Saturday, February 18, 2012

New for 2012

I've been cardmaking for about 7 years now. Wow, where does time go?!
I originally got into card making because I wanted to make some invitations. A co-worker of mine had made her own so had lent me some supplies to try out, that coupled with the fact I had discovered a little cardmaking supply store near my office sealed the deal! I attended a few 'beginner' type classes and I was hooked.
I've kept some of my early work and now when I look at it and compare with the quality of what I'm now capable of...what a difference!
I early on learned the value of using quality products after some mishaps with dollar store quality products. There is a good reason quality products are more expensive! Sure, you can find some things which are fine to pick up at a dollar store (i.e. some embellishments like ribbon), but I never use dollar store quality paper/card stock.
I was a Stampin Up! demonstrator for a few years (until I moved) and I can fully understand why they stand behind their product. It is quality. I would rather pay the extra cost of a product like SU! than have poor quality cards. I refuse to give or sell a card I wouldn't be happy to recieve myself. On that note, I would like to say I do offer card making classes for those that are interested. I'm only too happy to share my knowledge and help you to create something you'd be proud to give as a gift.
I will post some samples I've made. Please pass the word and contact me to make some cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment